Moderator Control Panel ]

Disappearance of Mary Musto

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Disappearance of Mary Musto

Postby Will Mundy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:49 pm

Hello,

I’m trying to trace one of my ancestors, a Mary Musty/Musto. Mary had a base born child Job Harwood who was born in 1776 in Cogges, Oxfordshire. Mary went to court to get Jobs father to pay maintenance money, there were two brothers it could be but was in the end declared to be Job Harwood senior. Job senior was also from Cogges and despite having an illegitimate son never married and died in 1792. As for Mary I can’t trace a realistic birth and there is no record of her marrying of dying. I tried to see if she was previously married but to no avail. Any ideas on how to try and trace my elusive ancestor?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Will Mundy

Re: Disappearance of Mary Musto

Postby sdup26 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:34 pm

According to the Public Profiler surname origins site, the highest concentration of the Musty surname is in Gloucestershire. As it borders Oxfordshire, is it worth widening your search?
sdup26

Re: Disappearance of Mary Musto

Postby elsabels » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:00 pm

IN 1802 on marriage, he assumes the name of Job Harwood, he was of the parish Oxford, St Mary Magdalen

In 1815 Job had a daughter baptised the surname used was Job Harwood alias Musty
elsabels

Return to General research queries