Moderator Control Panel ]

Sunderland, Durham area search

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Sunderland, Durham area search

Postby batty » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:20 pm

looking for any living descendants of the marriage of James SCOTT and Mary Ann Critten LOVETT (1863 Whitechapel, London). They had moved to Sunderland by 1868 and had the following children:
John Debney SCOTT (married Margaret Ann RIDLAND), Mary Ann SCOTT (married Isaac LAWSON), Margaret Lindsay SCOTT (died 1874), Jane Sewell SCOTT (married John BLAIKIE), Walter Lovett SCOTT (married Elizabeth BEDLINGTON), James Hill SCOTT (died 1881), George King SCOTT (married Susannah ELLIOTT), Louis Lawrence Richards SCOTT (married Mary Elizabeth RACKLEY), William Thomas Raine SCOTT & Elizabeth Lawson SCOTT (married George Johnson CHRISHOP).

Mary Ann Critten Lovett was the daughter of Daveney Lovett and Jane Sewell, married 25/12/1841 in Thetford, Norfolk. He seems to abandon the family going to London, fathering another two children with a lady called Maria Finch (no trace of a marriage although she is stated as his wife on the children's birth certificate. Then appears as Robert Daveney Lovett married to Elizabeth Beisley with another family (mine). This story fits the evidence I have but if I can find a living descendant of Mary Ann Critten Lovett I can try to get DNA proof that it is true.
thanks
Batty
batty

Return to General research queries