Moderator Control Panel ]

Isleworth records pre-1813

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Isleworth records pre-1813

Postby MoVidger » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Does anyone know if pre-1813 Isleworth parish records will ever go online? Apparently, parish registers for All Saints, Isleworth are available for consultation on microfilm at the LMA. Only trouble is, it's near impossible for me to travel to London. I'm keen to take my 5 x great-grandparents further back into the 18th-century and beyond, if possible.
MoVidger

Re: Isleworth records pre-1813

Postby peter kent » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:17 pm

The catalogue seems to be saying that the registers have not been deposited but have been microfilmed as X001/090-096. It also says "Not available for general access". I don't know what the significance of that is.

The originals are at Hounslow Local Studies.

If I were you I would contact LMA and ask their advice.

West Middlesex Family History Society may be able to help.
peter kent

Postby MoVidger » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Thanks, Peter. I will contact the West Middlesex Family History Society. Hopefully one of their members won't mind helping with a few searches.
MoVidger

Postby peter kent » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:42 pm

That isn't quite what I meant. You need to contact LMA - they do answer the phone - and ask their advice, in in particular about the access arrangements.

I only mentioned West Middlesex Family History Society because they advertise a look-up service covering All Saints, Isleworth. It is not free. I don't know what they provide - full transcript or index only. If it's just an index reference, you'll still need LMA's reprographics service - if indeed it's available for All Saints.
peter kent

Postby MoVidger » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:37 pm

Thanks for the additional info, Peter. I've emailed the LMA today. As regards contacting the West Middlesex Family History Society, I believe they ask one to become a member (for a small fee) and this allows the person to have parish record searches done on their behalf. This arrangement may have changed in the last year, though. It will be interesting to find out what records their members have access to: full transcript or index only.
MoVidger

Postby paulr1949 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:59 am

I have just read the FMP newsletter and lo and behold

Over 10,000 baptism records covering the parish of All Saints in Iselworth between 1566 and 1783 have been added to the collection. Each record includes transcribed details from an original record including a combination of your ancestor’s birth date or age, baptism date, parish, parents' names, father’s occupation and residence.

is on it. HTH

Paul
Paul
paulr1949

Postby MoVidger » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:56 pm

Thanks for the FMP heads-up, Paul. I've just checked for my 5 x great-grandparents in this record set, but no luck yet. And the West Middlesex Family History Society member who transcribed the All Saints, Isleworth records did a check for me, but didn't find records for either ancestor.

Fortunately, my ancestors married in St Martin in the Fields, Westminster. So the 1795 marriage record exists online. And I have the name and occupation of my 6 x great-grandfather (courtesy of his son's second marriage in 1856, age 82; and yes, this marriage produced two children!)

In case anyone is interested in having a search, here are the names. It's just their birth details I need.

Thomas Halford (c1774 Isleworth to 1865 Isleworth) Occupations: Shoemaker, later Publican
Father: Thomas Halford (occupation Coachman)
Wife: Mary Hawkins (c1773 Isleworth? to 1851 Isleworth)
MoVidger

Return to General research queries