Moderator Control Panel ]

Christopher Wrenn death , Brick Wall

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Christopher Wrenn death , Brick Wall

Postby Simon45 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 pm

I’m trying to find the death of Christopher J Wrenn
He was born in 1905 in Edmonton , North London

He married Winifred Pryor in 1927 in Edmonton

Thank you :)
Simon45

Re: Christopher Wrenn death , Brick Wall

Postby KayFarndon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:01 am

I can see that while people have looked at your message, you have not had any replies.

I have done a search for your death and wondered if you had tried looking under Wren and not Wrenn? I did both and found a Christopher Wren who died in the March Quarter 1976 registered Maidstone. This was on FreeBMD and normally after a certain date it shows the age of the deceased. However, and I think I am correct in this, no age is given but this record gives figures which I think are the date of birth of the person and this shows as 26th September 1905, which fits well with your Christopher and would make his age 71.

I realise this may not be correct and the only way of finding out is to apply for the death certificate giving as much information as possible to ensure it is the correct one.

Have you looked at the 1939 census to see where they were living? I did do a quick search for Winifred's death, but as I have no details of her this was not successfully.

I hope this is helpful to you.
KayFarndon

Re: Christopher Wrenn death , Brick Wall

Postby Simon45 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:50 am

Hi
I looked on the 1939 census and couldn’t find either of them

I have ordered the birth certificate of Christopher, so at least will have a definite date to put into the 1939 search area in census

Many thanks again

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Simon45

Return to General research queries