Moderator Control Panel ]

Maynard Harrison, where did you go?

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Maynard Harrison, where did you go?

Postby RoseR » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 pm

I’m trying to find the death of a Maynard Harrison who was born in Wales in 1864. The last sighting I have of him is on the Electoral Roll for Middlesex in 1926, where he appears with his wife Annie. After that he just disappears and I have no further information on Annie. Maynard is unusual as a Christian name. All the ones I’ve found are related to the same family. He has a connection to the US where he lived for some years, but I can find no trace of him on the passenger lists after 1926. I’ve checked available records in the US and there are a number of Maynard Harrisons, but none of them are correct. Does anyone have any suggestions please.
RoseR

Re: Maynard Harrison, where did you go?

Postby sdup26 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:05 am

Is this a possibility for Annie?
1939 Register, New End Hospital, Hampstead, Middlesex
Annie Harrison, female, born 1866, widow, incapacitated
sdup26

Re: Maynard Harrison, where did you go?

Postby RoseR » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:55 pm

Thank you for that but this Annie was born in 1872 from what I understand. There are so many Annie Harrisons and I really have no idea what happened after 1926. I can’t understand why I’m unable to find anything further on Maynard. It’s such an unusual first name. Several in his family had it as a middle name but he was definitely Maynard James Harrison.I’ve followed him across 3 continents, only to lose him in the UK. Very frustrating.
RoseR

Return to General research queries