Moderator Control Panel ]

Private John Thomas Broughton

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

Private John Thomas Broughton

Postby AmandaClements » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:55 pm

I am researching my ancestor John Thomas Broughton who died as a POW on 24th October 1918 and is buried in Hamburg. He was the brother of Charles William Broughton. I am wondering if anyone out there has a photo of him please?
AmandaClements

Re: Private John Thomas Broughton

Postby phsvm » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:54 pm

That fact that no one has responded to your post suggests that no one has any knowledge of John Broughton. I'm afraid the chances of anyone seeing your post and being able to help is remote.

However.... do not give up. There are a few other avenues you could try.

Put together as much information as you know about him - I assume he's John, son of John and Isabella of Bermondsey who was in the 2nd/4th Btn, Leicestershire Rgt - and post on the Great War Forum. I don't know that any one will be able to help but they have a huge wealth of information and even if they can't come up with a photo they may be able to give you more information about him. www.greatwarforum.org

I've had great success finding photos of a number of WW1 soldiers I've been researching by tracing descentants. You've said he was an ancestor but have you gone down all the family lines? The 1911 census shows he had 3 living siblings so there should be some descentants to find (if you haven't alredy found them).

Good luck.
phsvm

Return to Military help