Moderator Control Panel ]

Huguenots

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Huguenots

Postby briteyesg » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Good day, I read in the October 2018 issue ( in New Zealand)of wdytyr about the Huguenot refugees to England with much interest. Last week I discovered my family may have come from these peoples. In the mag you mention about the QUARTO series.

I would like to know if there is anywhere we can search online for an ancestors name without having to but the cd or book Thank you.

I read the publication and watch the series tv obviously and find it very interesting. I wonder though if not a series involving everyday people or one person within the same program of a celebrity might make it more interesting to the everyday viewer. Not everyone can be famous except of course to their own family. In New Zealand all of European descent come from elsewhere and their stories can be just as interesting, wars ,famines,persecutions of one sort or another and it would throw a different light on your program. Just a thought really as I find after nearly 40 years of researching families I still am finding something new especially when reading mags such as your own.
This is where my 7th Gt gdfather was christened and I have his parents as well.Walloon Or Strangers Church,Canterbury,Kent,England
Thank you and I hope you can answer my question.
briteyesg

Re: Huguenots

Postby Rosemary Collins » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:45 am

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the article! I have Huguenot ancestors too so I found it particularly interesting. Unfortunately I believe the only way to access the Quarto Series is by buying the CDs from the Huguenot Library.

We've had a number of readers say they'd like to see a TV series about ordinary people's family history. We're not involved in the production of the Who Do You Think You Are? TV series, since the magazine is a separate title. However, we agree that there are lots of interesting family history stories out there and we have our Reader Story, Eureka Moment, My Family Album and My Family Hero sections every month to help share them with our readers!
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine

rosemary.collins@immediate.co.uk
Rosemary Collins

Return to Magazine chat