Moderator Control Panel ]

My Family Album

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

My Family Album

Postby Editor » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Hello lovely forum users, we have launched a new feature called 'My Family Album' as part of our redesign. It gives readers a chance to share 8 of their favourite family photographs with a short caption for each. If your collection is featured you win a £75 photo voucher to be spent on photo restoration or colourisation. I don't know whether it is because it's a new feature, but we have had a shortage of submissions. I would love to keep the feature going because I think it looks great (I love looking at old family photographs) but obviously this is dependent on people being interested enough to submit their collection.

If anybody out there is interested in taking part, can they please submit 8-10 images each with a 20-40 word caption to our art editor robbie.bennie[at]immediate.co.uk.

Thank you,

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Re: My Family Album

Postby JaneyH » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:00 pm

Are there restrictions on the file size of photos? I've made a provisional selection of ten which I could share but this amounts to 23MB, as the scans I have are all at reasonably high resolution. I could split them into two separate emails if this would help.
JaneyH

Re: My Family Album

Postby Seth Burgess » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 am

Hi Janey. Thanks very much for your message. Because of the file size, it would be best to send the images to Robbie in three separate emails. We're looking forward to seeing them!

Seth Burgess
Production editor
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine
Seth Burgess

Return to Magazine chat