Moderator Control Panel ]

George William Jenner

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

George William Jenner

Postby kimberrywickham » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:23 pm

Hello

Wondering if a fresh pair of eyes can help as I am completely stumped or have I got this chap completely wrong.

George William Jenner was born 22 Oct 1873 Lowestoft Suffolk to George James Jenner and Honor Emily Jenner nee Pye. He married Alice Maud Frances Boggis Doy 04 Sep 1895, they have 4 children
Alice Maude Sarah B Sep 1896 D Feb 1914
May B Aug 1897 D Aug 1897
Florence May B Aug 1897 D Nov 1897 these are probably twins
Lilian Honor B Dec 1898

I am unable to find George William in the 1891 and 1901 census or a death for him, his profession is Trawler/Fisherman so he could have died at sea anywhere. Wife Alice marries again in London in 1902 I may have found her in the 1901 census in Carlton Colville with the Garner family Alice niece widow 27 with her is Maude Jenner 5 and William Jenner 1 is this the right Alice Jenner? But I cannot find a William Jenner being baptised to a Doy mother and where is Lilian Honor or connect Alice Doy/Jenner to the Garner family.

Have I got this wrong and he is the chap in the WW1 service record married to Harriet Homewood as some on Ancestry think, and don’t get me started on those who think he died 04 Jun 1930 the same day as his brother William Frederick in Iceland.

My tree is here https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/ ... 7959/facts

I would really like some help with this as I now can’t see the wood for the trees.

Many thanks
Kim
kimberrywickham

Re: George William Jenner

Postby ianbee » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi
It looks like Mr Jenner died in 1900.

Deaths At Sea (BT 334)
George Jenner
age 26
Fisherman
British, born Lowestoft
last abode 38(?) Ashvale Place Aberdeen
Cause - Vessel supposed foundered. Supposed to have been drowned.
Date - Supposed about 16.2.00
Place - At Sea
Name of Ship - Strathtay
ianbee

Postby kimberrywickham » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:56 pm

Hello Ian

Many thanks, I thought that might be the case I just could not find it, I'm now going to search for the Trawler on the Wrecksite and The Bosun's watch, I have quite a few deaths at sea as this side of my tree were mostly fisherman/mariners.

I'm glad I wasn't barking up the wrong tree with his marriage, I just need to confirm wife Alice's whereabouts in 1901 1911 as she leaves one daughter that I know of in Lowestoft when she remarries.

Many thanks again
Kim
kimberrywickham

Postby kimberrywickham » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Many thanks elsabels for the links, I was unable to find the Strathtay on the sites I normally use as it was an Aberdeen registered ship.

Just to follow up

I belive this to be George as wife Alice gave birth to twins William Charles and George William in Aberdeen in 1900 they were baptised in Lowestoft May 1900 sadly George dies shortly after he is baptised.

I had indentified Alice correctly in the 1901 census but had a thicko moment and failed to notice that William was born in Scotland hence the reason for not finding a birth registration for him in England. William is on the 1911 Census with his grandmother George's mother and sister Maude but I had not been able to identify which of her sons he belong to with death found by Ian of father George it all fell into place.

Many thanks again for the help.

Kim
kimberrywickham

Return to General research queries