Moderator Control Panel ]

Frances Lilian Pollard Reynolds, Robin Reynolds

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Frances Lilian Pollard Reynolds, Robin Reynolds

Postby elsabels » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:06 pm

DianaCanada wrote:Thanks for this, Elsabels! I think it must be him. Where did you find this record? Is it Anglican? When I realized Frances and Robin were married in an RC ceremony, I thought he must have been RC and she converted. Wondering now if she had converted earlier.

elsabels wrote:Could this be Robin Reynold's birth entry and the reason behind his job desc?
Name: Edmund Robert Reynolds
Birth Date: 14 Jan 1910
Baptism Date: 6 Feb 1910
Baptism Age: 0
Baptism Place: Mandalay, Bengal, India
Father: George Reynolds
Mother: Mary

Robin Edmund Reynolds M B E | Died: 1 Jul 1970 | Grave Site ...
https://billiongraves.com › ... › Cheshire › Cheadle (Park Road) Cemetery
1 Jul 1970 - The grave site of Robin Edmund Reynolds M B E. Cemetery: Cheadle (Park Road) Cemetery, Location: Cheadle, Cheshire, England, United ...

Graveyard non demoninational...off the beaten track south of Stockport
For google maps the address is Cemetery Lodge, Park Rd, Cheadle SK8 2AN. must admit that I was wondering WHY father & son are interred here! As the burial records are not on line I have put a phone call through to Stockport MBC to see if I can glean any further details about the grave /ownership / etc
elsabels

Postby DianaCanada » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:10 pm

elsabels wrote:
DianaCanada wrote:Thanks for this, Elsabels! I think it must be him. Where did you find this record? Is it Anglican? When I realized Frances and Robin were married in an RC ceremony, I thought he must have been RC and she converted. Wondering now if she had converted earlier.

elsabels wrote:Could this be Robin Reynold's birth entry and the reason behind his job desc?
Name: Edmund Robert Reynolds
Birth Date: 14 Jan 1910
Baptism Date: 6 Feb 1910
Baptism Age: 0
Baptism Place: Mandalay, Bengal, India
Father: George Reynolds
Mother: Mary

Robin Edmund Reynolds M B E | Died: 1 Jul 1970 | Grave Site ...
https://billiongraves.com › ... › Cheshire › Cheadle (Park Road) Cemetery
1 Jul 1970 - The grave site of Robin Edmund Reynolds M B E. Cemetery: Cheadle (Park Road) Cemetery, Location: Cheadle, Cheshire, England, United ...

Graveyard non demoninational...off the beaten track south of Stockport
For google maps the address is Cemetery Lodge, Park Rd, Cheadle SK8 2AN. must admit that I was wondering WHY father & son are interred here! As the burial records are not on line I have put a phone call through to Stockport MBC to see if I can glean any further details about the grave /ownership / etc

Thank you, Elsabels. Actually I was also wondering about the baptismal entry for Robin/Edmund Robert Reynolds in India.
DianaCanada

Postby elsabels » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:42 pm

The baptism came up on a random search on ancestry with the birthdate only!

I think there is also a clue in the name of the son Robin Clive PINHOE Reynolds....Pinhoe is a village in Devon

There is a connection around Greater Manchester, I have found the marriage of the 2nd son in Macclesfield Cheshire together with the birth of a child in Manchester
elsabels

Postby ianbee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi
The death announcement is from a daily newspaper dated 13 Dec 1961. It's still going (I won't name it), now published in London, it is historically associated with Manchester (you'll know the one I mean). I'm not sure if you will be able to get at it, so I'll attach it.

No passenger list, I'm making a guess based on info from some kind of review online. Google "instincts with their passion for salmon"" and, if it works, scroll down to "About"
Ian
Attachments
Reynolds.JPG
Reynolds.JPG (55.13 KiB) Viewed 571 times
ianbee

Postby elsabels » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:30 pm

Great ian bee that starts to make sense with the info I have just been given

The grave is no 47 in section 5, it was purchased by Robin snr on 16 Dec 1961 and is Robin jnr resting place. Robin snr was interred there in July 1970. I couldn't extract the address from the person due to data protection!!!!! Your address links it perfectly. 1 Queens Road is a substantial 5 Bed Edwardian House in a sort after part of CH, which if Robin owned it would be in keeping with his job title.

St Anne's RC is on Vicarage Road CH.

Undertakers are still around on Station Road, they may have further records

DianaCanada
I have linked with someone who is in contact with the 2nd son of the marriage and the extended Burmese family...interested let me have you e mail by PM

Ex
elsabels

Postby DianaCanada » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:53 pm

Very grateful to all the help here. Exciting stuff!
I am just about to go out to volunteer at local LDS FHC so will have a closer look later or tomorrow and answer posts then.
DianaCanada

Postby trace » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:53 pm

There's a tree on ANC which the baptism is noted in.
trace

Postby ianbee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:16 pm

Couple of phone books
1946 London
1949 Manchester (don't think 48 is online)
Attachments
London L-Z 1946.JPG
London L-Z 1946.JPG (20.64 KiB) Viewed 554 times
Manchester Area 1949.JPG
Manchester Area 1949.JPG (20.16 KiB) Viewed 554 times
ianbee

Postby elsabels » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:14 pm

A.M.I.C.E.
A Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers, used to think it was funny when as children, mail addressed to our father had AMICE after his surname.....
elsabels

Postby DianaCanada » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Thanks everyone, for the additional information you have given me. It really does fill in some gaps. I have heard via Elsabels from someone connected to the Reynolds family and that person was able to tell me that Frances, who is my distant relative, died in Canada in 1995. If he is willing, I might hear from her younger son.
Ian, I don't know which paper you are referring to, but that's okay, maybe I can figure it out, just happy to have the clipping.
DianaCanada

PreviousNext

Return to General research queries