Moderator Control Panel ]

Sim(p)kins of Bremhill

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Sim(p)kins of Bremhill

Postby taj » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:29 pm

My 3x great grandfather Reuben (Ruben) Simkins (Simpkins) was born about 1800 ( in Bremhill) married and lived all his life in Bremhill, Wiltshire. He died there in 1878. He married Ann Summers in 1824 and had 9-10 children.
The Simkins and Summers families were big and numerous in the area with parish registers showing there were baptisms with one of these surnames frequently and regularly.
My brick wall for many years has been being unable to trace the birth or baptism of Reuben himself thus hampering my research further back on this side of the family. Local parish registers and bishops transcripts on Ancestry have proved inconclusive. Any help with Reuben's origins would be greatly appreciated!
taj

Re: Sim(p)kins of Bremhill

Postby brunes08 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:50 pm

I do not know if you have already looked at this site but it contains useful information on Bremhill. I only had time for a cursory look so didn't hunt for Reuben. The site is
Wiltshire-opc.org.uk. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPad using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
brunes08

Re: Sim(p)kins of Bremhill

Postby JaneyH » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:19 am

In addition to the Wiltshire OPC website already mentioned, there’s also a Facebook group that runs alongside it. If you search for “Wiltshire OPC Project” you’ll find it. Several of the people behind the main website assist with queries, just like they do here. I’ve found the local knowledge on there very useful.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
JaneyH

Return to General research queries