Moderator Control Panel ]

Archiving old issues

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Archiving old issues

Postby bookworm » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:37 pm

Has anyone managed to archive a digital issue of the magazine since the new update to the app? I always archive them as soon as I’ve read them, to save space on my device, but this feature is no longer working. I have been in touch with Buy Subscriptions but they told me to use the same method I have always used - ie tap and hold the issue cover for a second and then a red archive button should appear - but it doesn’t.

Joanne

Sent from my iPad using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Best regards
Joanne
bookworm

Re: Archiving old issues

Postby Seth Burgess » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:05 am

Hi Joanne. Thanks for your post, and sorry you're having problems. I've passed your comment on to the app's developers, and will get back to you.

Seth Burgess
Production editor
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine
Seth Burgess

Re: Archiving old issues

Postby Seth Burgess » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi Joanne. This is what you need to do to archive an issue. When you launch the app, you should see a button in the top-right-hand corner of the interface made up of three horizontal lines. If you press that button, you will see a long list with 'Inbox >' at the top. You should see an item 'Manage Storage >' a bit further down. Tap that to get a 'Downloaded Issues' page showing the covers of all of the issues that you have downloaded to your device. Tap the 'Edit' button at the top right, then select the issues that you want to archive, and tap the 'Remove' button at the bottom right to archive them. Can you let me know how you get on? Thank you.

Seth Burgess
Production editor
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine
Seth Burgess

Return to Magazine chat