Moderator Control Panel ]

Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

Postby Liamcornes1983 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:15 am

Hi Guys,

For a while now I've been tracing my Irish roots, I am struggling to find a burial for my Roman Catholic 2xGreat Grandmother Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts who died on the 16th June 1952 at Linden Convalescent Home, Blackrock, Dublin, she originally came from Mountmellick, Queen's County (Laois) I contacted the Religious Sisters of Charity in whose ownership the Convalescent Home was in. Sadly they have no records for her, any idea where to go from here? Many thanks

Liam
Liamcornes1983
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

Postby ciderdrinker » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:54 pm

Hello
I'm not sure what you are after here.Is it just the burial? In which case the nearest catholic church would be the first port of call followed by Dublin municipal Cemetery.
She was born 3 Sep 1886 daughter of Jam es Hibbitts and Elizabeth nee Neill Mountmellick Queens County and her birth certificate will be at
/civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp
to look at for free and she should be on the 1901 and 1911 censuses
ps she seems to have married in Hitchin in 1911.

Ciderdrinker
ciderdrinker
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

Postby shanew147 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:19 pm

I searched for likely burials in the two largest cemeteries for Dublin City and County, Dean's Grange / Shangannagh in South Co. Dublin and Glasnevn (Prospect) in North Dublin but found no sign of a burial for a Margaret Maylin around that time. Deansgrange is located not far from Stillorgan & Blackrock and searches on this site are free, if you register you can view extra details including burial register images. The Glasnevin site is a pay-per view system, the basic search is free.

There are many other Cemeteries in Dublin City and County, the two I mentioned are the largest open at that time and most likely, and have burial records online. Blackrock Catholic Church does not have an attached graveyard.

Do you know when her husband died or where he is buried ?
Margaret may have been buried with her own family in or near Mountmellick...
User avatar
shanew147
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

Postby Liamcornes1983 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:44 pm

ciderdrinker wrote:Hello
I'm not sure what you are after here.Is it just the burial? In which case the nearest catholic church would be the first port of call followed by Dublin municipal Cemetery.
She was born 3 Sep 1886 daughter of Jam es Hibbitts and Elizabeth nee Neill Mountmellick Queens County and her birth certificate will be at
/civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp
to look at for free and she should be on the 1901 and 1911 censuses
ps she seems to have married in Hitchin in 1911.

Ciderdrinker
Liamcornes1983
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

Postby Liamcornes1983 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:52 pm

shanew147 wrote:I searched for likely burials in the two largest cemeteries for Dublin City and County, Dean's Grange / Shangannagh in South Co. Dublin and Glasnevn (Prospect) in North Dublin but found no sign of a burial for a Margaret Maylin around that time. Deansgrange is located not far from Stillorgan & Blackrock and searches on this site are free, if you register you can view extra details including burial register images. The Glasnevin site is a pay-per view system, the basic search is free.

There are many other Cemeteries in Dublin City and County, the two I mentioned are the largest open at that time and most likely, and have burial records online. Blackrock Catholic Church does not have an attached graveyard.

Do you know when her husband died or where he is buried ?
Margaret may have been buried with her own family in or near Mountmellick...


She married my Grandfather on 1911 in Hitchin Hertfordshire England, had 4 children, 1 of whom my grandmother, and by 1924, she had left Harry her husband, and fled back to Ireland with my grandmother (illegitimate, and not Harry's)
Grandmother came back to england aged 14 one day leaving school at lunchtime, and we lost contact woth Margaret in 1948. Harry remarried in September 1952, and died in 1972,
Liamcornes1983
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

Postby Liamcornes1983 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:00 pm

ciderdrinker wrote:Hello
I'm not sure what you are after here.Is it just the burial? In which case the nearest catholic church would be the first port of call followed by Dublin municipal Cemetery.
She was born 3 Sep 1886 daughter of Jam es Hibbitts and Elizabeth nee Neill Mountmellick Queens County and her birth certificate will be at
/civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp
to look at for free and she should be on the 1901 and 1911 censuses
ps she seems to have married in Hitchin in 1911.

Ciderdrinker


It's just the burial, you see she had left my grandfather by 1924, and fled back to Ireland (yep married in Hitchin Hertfordshire 1911, she's in 1911 English census) we lost contact in 1948, and Harry her husband remarried in Sept 1952 and died in 1972.
Liamcornes1983
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

Postby Liamcornes1983 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Newspaper obituary
Attachments
IMG_20180816_172401.png
This is the death notice in Irish Times 23rd June 1952, I've not been able to find one with funeral details
IMG_20180816_172401.png (828.27 KiB) Viewed 336 times
Liamcornes1983
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

Postby shanew147 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:18 pm

That death notice is a week after the death, usually these would be in the paper within a day or two of the death. I'll have another look at the other usual papers around that date, Indo. Herald & Press, to see if there's any mention..

The Earle Family lived at 153 Strand Road, Sandymount, which is the residence listed for Margaret on the death cert.
User avatar
shanew147
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

Postby Liamcornes1983 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:28 pm

shanew147 wrote:That death notice is a week after the death, usually these would be in the paper within a day or two of the death. I'll have another look at the other usual papers around that date, Indo. Herald & Press, to see if there's any mention..

The Earle Family lived at 153 Strand Road, Sandymount, which is the residence listed for Margaret on the death cert.
Liamcornes1983
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

Postby Liamcornes1983 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:31 pm

shanew147 wrote:That death notice is a week after the death, usually these would be in the paper within a day or two of the death. I'll have another look at the other usual papers around that date, Indo. Herald & Press, to see if there's any mention..

The Earle Family lived at 153 Strand Road, Sandymount, which is the residence listed for Margaret on the death cert.


Thanks Shane, haven't got access to all Irish papers only what findmypast offer
Liamcornes1983
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Next

Return to General research queries


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests