Moderator Control Panel ]

Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Margaret Maylin nee Hibbitts Burial

Postby shanew147 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:28 am

no sign of a death notice for your Margaret in any of those papers unfortunately, I checked from the date of death to about two weeks later after in each, and also tried text search just in case. The Irish Times was considered a Protestant Newspaper at that time so a little unusual for a notice for Catholic described a 'wife of a labourer' on her death cert. It looks like the death notice you located was probably paid for by this Earle family so maybe they also paid for a burial somewhere ?

If this Earle family were some Protestant denomination, e.g. Church of Ireland they could have used Mount Jerome in Harold's Cross. Records for this cemetery are not available online at the moment , but there are microfilm of burial records on Dublin City Library, Pearse Street.
shanew147

Postby Liamcornes1983 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:18 pm

shanew147 wrote:no sign of a death notice for your Margaret in any of those papers unfortunately, I checked from the date of death to about two weeks later after in each, and also tried text search just in case. The Irish Times was considered a Protestant Newspaper at that time so a little unusual for a notice for Catholic described a 'wife of a labourer' on her death cert. It looks like the death notice you located was probably paid for by this Earle family so maybe they also paid for a burial somewhere ?

If this Earle family were some Protestant denomination, e.g. Church of Ireland they could have used Mount Jerome in Harold's Cross. Records for this cemetery are not available online at the moment , but there are microfilm of burial records on Dublin City Library, Pearse Street.

Shane, managed to find the Earle's at Deans Grange, Evelyn died 1966 (1 year or so after the last memorial notice in the paper, William Earle died in 1978. Thanks for your help anyway.
Liamcornes1983

Postby shanew147 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:27 pm

Liamcornes1983 wrote:Shane, managed to find the Earle's at Deans Grange, Evelyn died 1966 (1 year or so after the last memorial notice in the paper, William Earle died in 1978. Thanks for your help anyway.

I was just about to post that I'd found them in Dean's Grange also, including William who was head of the household from at least the 1940s up to the time of his death. They are noted in the register as Church of Ireland..

Might be worth contacting Dean's Grange to see if they can find anything
shanew147

Postby Liamcornes1983 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:33 pm

shanew147 wrote:
Liamcornes1983 wrote:Shane, managed to find the Earle's at Deans Grange, Evelyn died 1966 (1 year or so after the last memorial notice in the paper, William Earle died in 1978. Thanks for your help anyway.

I was just about to post that I'd found them in Dean's Grange also, including William who was head of the household from at least the 1940s up to the time of his death. They are noted in the register as Church of Ireland..

Might be worth contacting Dean's Grange to see if they can find anything

I will contact them see what they can find, I've also contacted Dublin City Council who have past on my email to relevant department, see if they can find anything. Oh have you? Had they been at the address all that time?
Liamcornes1983

Postby shanew147 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Liamcornes1983 wrote:
shanew147 wrote:...Had they been at the address all that time?

Earliest directory listing I have for them at that address is 1940, William Earle, Journey's End, 153 Strand Road, Dublin 4. Same address is given on his burial in the late 1970s.
shanew147

Postby Liamcornes1983 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:54 pm

shanew147 wrote:
Liamcornes1983 wrote:
shanew147 wrote:...Had they been at the address all that time?

Earliest directory listing I have for them at that address is 1940, William Earle, Journey's End, 153 Strand Road, Dublin 4. Same address is given on his burial in the late 1970s.

Oh wow.
Liamcornes1983

Previous

Return to General research queries