Moderator Control Panel ]

Baptism found but no birth record

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Baptism found but no birth record

Postby Kenthemusketeer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:41 pm

Mick Loney - thank you very much indeed for that link. It has provided some useful information and I've sent an email to the person who created that tree asking about the DoB because there's no citation. Incidentally, his baptism was on 10 March 1810 - I saw 1809 at the top of the Parish register page and missed the fact that, buried among the names lower down the page, the vicar had inserted '1810'. Re: the accuracy of other peoples' trees, I prefer the Parish register's representation of Samuel's mother's name as Nancy rather than the name on this tree which is 'Nanny'. As to the other information you've offered, yes, this ties in with what I know of Samuel. Thank you for taking so much trouble on my behalf. It's appreciated.
Kenthemusketeer

Postby Kenthemusketeer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:58 pm

Woodchal - thanks for the suggestions. I think the Q1 1853 one is a bit of a long shot, given that my ancestor was baptised in Dec 1855 but I'll think about checking it further. I'll investigate the Llanfyllin one further - I'm not sure where that is in relation to Penrhos. Thank you for your work on this. It's appreciated.
Kenthemusketeer

Postby woodchal » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:25 pm

I just saw that it was in Montgomeryshire- but I couldn’t find penrhos in Montgomeryshire to see how close it was.

Two years wait to baptise isn’t that unusual
woodchal

Postby Mick Loney » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:48 pm

If memory serves me right, the website shows his mothers name was Lloyd, which ties in with this birth registration!

NB the new Gro.gov site offers a free search facility, which gives:
a) mothers maiden name for births from 1837, (freebmd only has this from around 1912) and
b) full second forename rather than initial if it exists, ( e.g. Angelina C, become Angelina Catherine)
c) for deaths, it gives age at death from 1837

Saying that, its search facility is hyper critical, so it won’t find Anne if you search for Ann or Raynor if you search for Rayner, and it doesn’t support wildcards!
Mick Loney

Postby sdup26 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:32 pm

William Clayton (father Isaac) married Elizabeth Lloyd (father Samuel) in Penrhos, Montgomeryshire, and son William was baptised there on 23/12/1855. I think his GRO birth registration is:
William Cleaton, Dec Q 1855, Llanfyllin Union, 11b 230, mother's maiden name Lloyd.
Llanfyllin is about 6 miles from Penrhos.
sdup26

Previous

Return to General research queries