Moderator Control Panel ]

Marvin Humes's episode

A place to chat about the 15th series of the genealogy programme, which will feature stories from Olivia Colman, Lee Mack, Boy George and more

Marvin Humes's episode

Postby Seth Burgess » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Hello again everybody. The next episode of Who Do You Think You Are?, airing tonight, Monday 6 August, at 9pm on BBC One, sees Marvin Humes investigate his family tree. As always, please visit the forum after you've watched it and let us know your thoughts.

Seth Burgess
Production editor
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine
Seth Burgess

Re: Marvin Humes's episode

Postby junkers » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Why did The One show have him on last week to talk about how he felt after the programme before the episode was shown?.
junkers

Postby PostedPast » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:37 pm

How was the 'desertion' of Fred Buckingham defined?

'When he was nine, Fred’s family deserted him and he was sent at North Hyde School, a school for orphans.'

He was still in touch with his family albeit in a negative way.
PostedPast

Postby junkers » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 pm

An interesting couple of stories, I was somewhat annoyed by the 'voice-over' that told us that Kingston was the capital of Jamaica (I think most people knew that!) and it touched on the very controversial set of payments by the British Government to slave owners to compensate them for the loss of the slaves as slaves. As far as Frederick goes it is actually not true to say the British Government decided to rescue the British soldiers at Dunkirk (a number were left behind as they protected the bulk of the troops), it was the small ship owners who wanted to help and originally the Admiralty thought it was not feasible.
junkers

Postby ksouthall » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:34 pm

I enjoyed this episode as I found the stories interesting. I also liked Marvin's reactions to them.
ksouthall

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2018