Moderator Control Panel ]

Ancestry App (IOS)

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Ancestry App (IOS)

Postby paulr1949 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:44 am

Does anybody else have the problems I am having with this? I loaded a (private) tree on ancestry after I came in contact with a fourth cousin in Australia, so that she could share my research. I have obviously as a result of this had numerouse "hints" appear - about 3000 in all! - which is fine, and I have been working through these prior to adding more information to my tree in Family Historian.
I've had the app on my ipad for some while but never used it, but thought that I might be able to clear some of the incorrect hints from my tree using the app if I had it with me rather than a laptop.
It appears that, in the tree view, people are indicated as having hints - but when you open the person page there are "no new hints". The same people do not have hints on the website version.
Ive been in correspondence with them, to no avail as I cannot get them to understand the problem. Ive been told that the hints platforms are different (app vs website) and that "Ive been getting hints shown on the app but not on the website". The list of hints appears to be a bit more accurate, but I find it much easier to look at a person in the tree and tick off the hints that way!
Paul
paulr1949

Return to Genealogy chat