Moderator Control Panel ]

Susan Murchie

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Susan Murchie

Postby ianbee » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:27 pm

But anyway it seems there was a sort of family grave?
Alice Victoria Fisher died Dec 83, Sculcoates, age 0
She was buried at Hull General Cemetery, 18 October.
Age 1 month
Daughter of Walter Fisher, Master Mariner
As with Susan, no. of compartment = 28, no. of grave = 5122
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=701705

Informant Walter Fisher.
And confirms it is the right Susan in 1886!
ianbee

Postby elsabels » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:30 pm

Mary Kerr Murchie

1906 b 2 January
We know she accompanied her mother on sailings!

1939 Residing at 489 Rupert St Wolverhampton

1951-1960 Beaconsfield Vl Brighton

1997 died 19 December Kendal Westmorland

1998 12 February Grant of Probate & Will at Liverpool

I was looking to see if I could link Mary with her mother in an area.....

You know Susan was living at the date of death of Archibald in 1919

I presume she may have been a witness on her daughter Susie;a marriage in 1920

1925 there is reference to her being the owner of property in Scotland and living in Liverpool by now she would be 70 years old if I recall her other 3 children were on the Wirral over the Mersey from Liverpool

The other persons of interest maybe sister Edith Agnes b1879 ( I suspect may have been special needs) and the brother in law referred to in 1925
elsabels

Postby seasalora » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 am

Hi ianbee,
Some very interesting info. Re your first para you are correct.
seasalora
seasalora

Postby seasalora » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:00 am

Hello ianbee,
I wish I had your knowledge!! I have followed your links and yes they certainly are for who we speak of.
Regarding Alice Victoria, this is a child I had no knowledge of, so what a bonus Susan Fisher (mother) yes dates are correct
I have headed to Family search and the catalogue but I have been unable to pick up where to locate the Hull General Cemetery records. - this old researcher needs some guidance here. Tried findagrave to see is there was a grave listed but no success..

Yes I have located the site re crew lists, fascinating. Apologise re Susan's marriage parish, my typo.

I have tried re a will for Susan Fisher/Murchie and I need to contact NRS as these records are not on line. At this time I assume that this will/proclamation is possibly Scottish re reading the rate books of Ardrossan.I would appreciate if you could direct me, if I have a query as to where I should look in numerous sites, familysearch to start would be a bonus. I really need to broaden my horizons. Thanks,
seasalora
seasalora

Postby elsabels » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:19 am

I will start with free sites

freeukgenealogy.org.uk cover free cen / freereg /freebmd

cyndislist.com

genuki.org.uk

freebmd.org

www.ukbmd.org.uk/online_parish_clerk
elsabels

Postby ianbee » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi
The cemetery records are from
Cemetery records, 1847-1971
Authors: Springbank General Cemetery (Hull, Yorkshire)
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

Which is found, as you say, via the catalogue, looking for Hull, Yorkshire, and selecting cemeteries from the drop down list
https://tinyurl.com/y7ugpevo

Most of the time it's just a speculative search through the LDS catalogue to see if they have filmed something and whether that something, hopefully now digitized, can be viewed at home (there will be a camera icon)

I'm afraid I don't have any real knowledge of Scottish records.
To kind of answer Adrian's question, the 1925 Valuation Roll says per Charles Murchie, The Linn, Ardrossan. He is listed further up as a Merchant.
There are valuation rolls in between 1925 and 1930 but not online? Which could narrow a death down a bit?
Is the Murchie family the one at 21 Craigmillar Road, Cathcart in 1919? I don't think Susan has come up on the Liverpool electoral registers in 1925 (mind you they are OCR generated, and some names may not have been picked up)
Nor is she in the Calendar of Confirmations and Inventories up to 1936 (which seems to be the Scottish equivalent of the National Probate Calendar in England and Wales)
https://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=60558

There is the chance that Susan died abroad, perhaps in continental Europe. Even so, I'd have thought it possible there might have been a death notice in the newspapers, but nothing found so far in Scotland, and there don't seem to be any Liverpool papers online for the 20's.

I linked to your earlier thread to reassure everyone that you knew where Patrington was!
Ian
ianbee

Postby seasalora » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 am

For ianbee, elsabels and others who are helping me in my frustrating problem - my grateful thanks to all. I will not be home for the next four weeks but will be taking this up again on my return
seasalora
seasalora

Previous

Return to General research queries