Moderator Control Panel ]

Springfield House, Shotley Bridge

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Springfield House, Shotley Bridge

Postby TanyaJones » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Does anyone know where I might find the admission and discharge records for Springfield House, Shotley Bridge, Consett? It was a Girls Training School at the beginning of the 20th century and is listed on Peter Higginbotham's 'Children's Homes Website' site as a Certified School. Tyne and Wear archives have photos and plans and have it related to 'Children North East'. My grandmother appears on the 1911 census but I would like to know where she was admitted from. Many thanks.
TanyaJones

Re: Springfield House, Shotley Bridge

Postby ermin79 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:13 pm

The National Archives Discovery catalogue only appears to show the record you're already aware of.
Shotley Bridge is in County Durham and so I would contact their records office to see if they can assist:
http://www.durhamrecordoffice.org.uk/ar ... Contact-us
I cannot see anything in their electronic catalogue but i always find it best to double check.
However access to records of a sensitive nature is restricted, which might be relevant in this case. Access may be available depending on dates of admission / discharge, individual's records are usually closed for 100 years.

Sent from my LG-K120 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
ermin79

Return to General research queries