Moderator Control Panel ]

Thomas Carr - Liverpool

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Thomas Carr - Liverpool

Postby MikePhillips50 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:17 am

I was wondering if anyone could help me crack a search I have been working on, I have been stuck on it for days but just can't make that breakthough, what makes it more frustrating is that I feel I have all the information I need, but just can't seem to make head way.

I am trying to track a Thomas Carr.

I have the following information on him:

He was born in the wider Liverpool area (inc. Kirkdale, West Derby etc.)
He was born around the start of 1900, possibly nearer to 1910.
His parents were called James and Margaret.
He had three sisters that I know of, Irene, Elizabeth and Margaret and one brother, James. He may of had more who didn't survive to adult hood.
He was not living with his wife in 1939 though married of been recorded as married (or possibly widower.)

Any light anyone can shine on this case, or hints of where to look next would be greatly appreciated.
MikePhillips50

Re: Thomas Carr - Liverpool

Postby elsabels » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:37 pm

You say he is not living with his wife in 1939, you have therefore identified him on the register, surely you have a date of birth from this source!

He married, do you know when & where and to whom??

How do you know his parents maybe James & Margaret, the same with his siblings?

PS
Ooops, sorry just noticed you are new to the forum, we like as much info as you have!
elsabels

Postby MikePhillips50 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Thank you for your reply, I am Sorry, I should have been more thorough with my information.

The information I provided is from someone who remembered him (but didn't know all the facts.)

She remembered that he was married for a short period but then was with someone else, who he had a child with in 1933, I have checked the 1939 census and they are not living together then. Nor did they ever marry.

She remembers the names but there is always the danger that they may of used middle names, but I have no evidence which points to that other than I can't trace them.
MikePhillips50

Postby elsabels » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:05 pm

Thank you

I have randomly been looking at the records Thomas CARR 1899 - 1910, Liverpool covers a wide area....and cannot tie one in with the parents James & Margaret Carr

I suspect some of the persons involved may still be living. Perhaps you would care to PM me with the info from the 1939 Register, and name of the child?
current info
This will enable me to look at the records available and post historic info, pm current info
elsabels

Postby ianbee » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Need you to identify the correct Thomas Carr in 1939! Otherwise it is total guesswork.
Speaking of which, it's a pity his parents weren't Thomas + Mary Catherine (nee Parle)!
Thomas Carr, born Liverpool 22 Oct 1906, there's a Catholic baptism at St Anthony's.
Siblings in 1911 were Margaret, James and Elizabeth.
And an Irene Carr, mmn Parle, was registered West Derby, March qtr 1918.
Some further potential siblings may have been born in between, but may not have lived long?

Thomas Carr b 22 Oct 1905 - is that an error? - is among a large group of people at 6 Gt George Square, Liverpool, in 1939. Married, Wharf Labourer.
ianbee

Return to General research queries