Moderator Control Panel ]

James William Ellis - born Hertfordshire c.1854

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: James William Ellis - born Hertfordshire c.1854

Postby lesleyyates » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:49 pm

Thank you so much for all the hard work that has gone into investigating the mysterious James William Ellis (or, as it now seems, Pearce). I did have a suspicion that James' wife Sarah Hickson was his cousin, when I established that her mother was an Ellis (she was the daughter of John Hickson and Sarah Ellis, daughter of Edward and Elizabeth). However, I had explored the connection via Sarah's uncle James. It now appears they are linked via (aunt) Ann instead.
There does seem to be an Islington connection with the Ellis family, as some of James William's children are born there in the 1880s, and indeed he is in the same area of London at the end of his life, so the Islington birth registration fits in.
My apologies for not responding sooner - I forgot to check the 'notify me when a reply is posted' box when I posted my original query!
lesleyyates

Re: James William Ellis - born Hertfordshire c.1854

Postby Michael Byrne » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:35 pm

I came upon this thread recently. Joseph Conisbee was a distant cousin of mine. I'm doing some work on the Ellis and Hickson people mentioned on this thread to see whether I can get anywhere with it. The results of my work are contained in a family tree I have made on the Ancestry website and which I am continually updating. The tree is named "Michael Byrne family tree".
Michael Byrne

Previous

Return to General research queries