Moderator Control Panel ]

Print off Ancestry tree - from Apr 2018 issue...

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Print off Ancestry tree - from Apr 2018 issue...

Postby fhtess65 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:58 am

Hello,

I'm curious about the sidebar on page 28 to the Spring clean your family tree article in the Apr 2108 issue that outlines how to "Print off your Ancestry tree." I followed the instructions, but got no option to "Create a poster", only Print or Cancel (see attached screen capture)...am I missing something? And when I went into MyCanvas directly, the prices for printing posters are very clear - nothing is free.

Has something changed since the article was written/published?

Tess
Attachments
PrintTree10Apr18.jpg
PrintTree10Apr18.jpg (103.69 KiB) Viewed 234 times
fhtess65

Re: Print off Ancestry tree - from Apr 2018 issue...

Postby Editor » Mon May 14, 2018 9:56 am

Hi Tess, it does seem to be the case that something has changed since the article was printed. We test out all of our online instructions before we go to press and it worked then, but unfortunately this does not seem to be the case now. I will email Ancestry to see if there is a way to work around this. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, it's very annoying for us when this happens but unfortunately these sites do change.

Regards

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Re: Print off Ancestry tree - from Apr 2018 issue...

Postby fhtess65 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Thanks, Sarah - I figured as much. Just your luck Ancestry changed things after you went to print. I only wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something...

I appreciate your quick answer :)

Tess
fhtess65

Return to Magazine chat