Moderator Control Panel ]

Where are you?

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Where are you?

Postby PatMS » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:02 am

Does anyone out there have a photo of Sabina Jane Boustred nee Capern, born 1854 in Devon, died 1944 in Glasgow. Lived her adult life in the Hornsey, London area. She was my great grandmother and we share a birthday. I’d be eternally grateful if I could find one. Many thanks to everyone.
PatMS

Re: Where are you?

Postby phsvm » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:14 am

She may be your great grandmother but she's probably other people's great grandmother as well.

Rather than simply posting a message on here where the chances of getting results are slim have you tired tracing her other descendants to see if any of them can help you?
phsvm

Postby PatMS » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:07 am

I have indeed! Those I have managed to contact don’t have a photo and the likelihood of there being one still extant is very slim. However, although it is only a faint chance, as I have tried every other possibility I thought I would try this forum. I don’t live in the UK either and I thought it was worth a post. If one doesn’t try, one doesn’t have a hope of a result.
PatMS

Postby phsvm » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:59 am

Absolutely worth trying. I'm trying to track down photos of 60 WW1 soldiers so I know what a task it is!

Good luck with your search.
phsvm

Postby PatMS » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:31 am

Thanks! Good luck in your search too.
PatMS

Return to General research queries