Moderator Control Panel ]

Doesn’t stay logged in

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Doesn’t stay logged in

Postby Mick Loney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:50 am

I have noticed over the past 2-3 days, after reviewing a topic, when I click the main board index link, I am returned to the main board index, but find that quite often, I have been logged out.

I don’t know whether it is a fault with the site or Safari on my IPad. (iPad has had a recent IOS update - coincidence?)

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Mick Loney

Re: Doesn’t stay logged in

Postby Rosemary Collins » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:41 am

Hi Mick, I'm not sure what's causing this, we haven't had any other complaints about this problem. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? That might fix the issue.
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine

rosemary.collins@immediate.co.uk
Rosemary Collins

Postby Mick Loney » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Rosemary,
Aaargh! I tried to reply to your post, but clicking submit, I found I was logged out.
Mick Loney

Postby Mick Loney » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:58 am

Rosemary,
Following my last post, I tried the forum from my PC, and the same thing happens.

However, I have narrowed it down a bit.

If one views a post then click the browser back arrow, one goes back to the same place in the forum e.g. 'Technical Help'. One can then look at another 2 or 3 posting without a problem. However, if one then clicks 'Board Index' link, one is returned to board index, but one is logged out.

Similarly, when I tried to answer this post last night, I spent 10 minutes composing my answer, previewing it a couple of time, but then, when I clicked 'submit' I was told I needed to be logged-in to reply! When I did login, my answer was no longer there.

I initially thought it may have something to do with the IOS update of my iPad, but as you can see from above, it is also happening on my Windows 10 PC
Mick Loney

Postby Rosemary Collins » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:01 am

Hi Mick,

I'm sorry, I'm not sure why this is happening - the forum is set so that users are logged out automatically if they don't finish their post in two hours, so it shouldn't be happening this quickly. I've passed on your query to the Web Ops team, but in the meantime, have you tried using a different Internet browser to access the forum?

Thanks,

Rosemary
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant

Rosemary Collins

Postby Mick Loney » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:56 am

Rosemary,
Yes! I use Safari on my iPad and Firefox on my Win10 PC.
Ther’s nothing like an intermittent for the tech guys to look into :D I wish them luck

Aaargh, it happened again! Went to post this (twice it has happened) and was asked to login! Yet I’m shown logged in at top of page before I click submit.
Mick Loney

Postby Mick Loney » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Rosemary,
Despite being shown as logged in at top of page, the users logged in summary at bottom of page is showing no registered users logged in - eh?
Mick Loney

Postby Rosemary Collins » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi Mick, how weird. I'm not sure what's causing that but I will report it to the web team as well.
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant

Rosemary Collins

Postby Mick Loney » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:05 am

Another clue for the techies. Although I’m listed in the ‘who is on line’ at bottom of page, the top of the page is showing the ‘login’ link.

Hope this helps.
Mick Loney

Postby Mick Loney » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:51 pm

Rosemary,
Has anything been said about this problem, as it is still there!
The two images are taken from the same screen, and clearly shows there is still a problem, as the images clearly show, the top and bottom of the screen contradict each other
Attachments
Top of Screen.jpg
This from bottom of screen
Top of Screen.jpg (22.48 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
Whoisonline.jpg
This from the top of the same screen
Whoisonline.jpg (102.63 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
Mick Loney

Next

Return to Technical help