Moderator Control Panel ]

Genealologist-auto renew

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Genealologist-auto renew

Postby ciderdrinker » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:37 am

Hi All
I want to speak carefully and be fair.
A year ago I went to the WDYTYA live and listened to a presentation by the Genealogist .I splashed out on a years subscription and eagerly grabbed my goodie bag and couldn't wait to get home and log in.
I was disappointed.I found it lack lustre and unhelpful to my research.Of course others may have felt differently but I decided to not renew.
3 weeks before my subscription was due to end I searched the website for mention of auto renew.I missed it.I now see it in the terms and conditions no 13 .Everything you buy is subject to auto renew.
So be aware .
If you buy anything from the Genealologist send a email or letter telling them YOU DO NOT WANT TO RENEW immediately.
That way if you think it's great,the bee's knees it will take a few moments to renew.
If not and like me you don't want to renew you won't be down about £100 and be left feeling like a mug with a product you don't want and didn't actively ask for.

Is it my fault perhaps.I should have looked harder.
Read those terms and conditions!

Just received an email giving me the money back! Whippeee
THANK YOU VERY MUCH THE GENEALOGIST !

WELL DONE!
I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT1
VERY FAIR AND NICE
GOOD ON YOU
YOU DESERVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!

Ciderdrinker
ciderdrinker

Return to General research queries