Moderator Control Panel ]

Entry can anyone help?

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Entry can anyone help?

Postby katinthehat » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:09 pm

I found an entry in Deputy Keeper of Ireland, Index to the Act or Grant Books, and to Original Wills, of the Diocese of Dublin 1272-1858 but I don't understand it.

What does the 'L' mean and what does it signify?

Jane (alias Clarke) Carpel - Street widow - L 102
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (15.57 KiB) Viewed 784 times
katinthehat

Re: Entry can anyone help?

Postby shanew147 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:51 pm

The version I see is a little different - but the reference looks the same, I believe that's an 'I.' which stands for an Intestacy. There's a guide to the abbreviations, and background information on these index books on FindMyPast (found a link to notes on these records which should work without an FMP account).

The name is Jane Clarke (alias Sheridan) widow, address is Capel street which is Dublin north city.

(page 184 in the appendix to the 13th report of the deputy)

p.s. I think the version you found is under Sheridan...
shanew147

Re: Entry can anyone help?

Postby katinthehat » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:09 pm

shanew147 wrote:The version I see is a little different - but the reference looks the same, I believe that's an 'I.' which stands for an Intestacy. There's a guide to the abbreviations, and background information on these index books on FindMyPast (found a link to notes on these records which should work without an FMP account).

The name is Jane Clarke (alias Sheridan) widow, address is Capel street which is Dublin north city.

(page 184 in the appendix to the 13th report of the deputy)

p.s. I think the version you found is under Sheridan...

Thank you very much, really helpful
katinthehat

Return to General research queries