Moderator Control Panel ]

The name of the informant on this death record?

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Postby pforkes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Can you read the name in the “Signature, description and residence of informer” column? I looks like Hannah Wilson, but I am not certain of the surname.

Thanks.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 10.41.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 10.41.00 AM.png (217.78 KiB) Viewed 845 times
pforkes

Re: The name of the informant on this death record?

Postby meekhcs » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:23 pm

X her mark Hannah Wilson present at death Butchers Row Ely
meekhcs

Postby brunes08 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:11 pm

It looks like Willson rather than Wilson if you look at the double L in William and especially Dalliday.
brunes08

Re: The name of the informant on this death record?

Postby pforkes » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:54 am

It is funny how things turn out.

I saw the first name as "Hannah" (as the informant) and assumed that since William Dalladay's eldest daughter's name was Hannah that she was the informant and that she had married a Mr Willson.

Within a week of starting to look for a Hannah Dalladay who was married to a "Willson" I got a match on AncestryDNA, though William Dalladay and his daughter Hannah Dalladay. It turns out that Hannah Dalladay had married a William Fisher and I have now found a whole new branch of the family and have made contact with a fourth cousin once removed!

I find using DNA very exciting. Just the other day I determined that a 4th great grandfather was a bigamist. Without DNA I would never have figured out that he had two wives at the the same time.
pforkes

Return to General research queries