Moderator Control Panel ]

Signing in to Family Search

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Signing in to Family Search

Postby KayFarndon » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:25 pm

I have already posted this query elsewhere on this forum, but have decided to put it into general research queries as I only had one reply.

When I tried to sign into Family Search a while ago it said that my username was non-existent, so I re-applied and back came my usual username and password, which let me enter. I have tried to sign in again this week and the same thing has happened, so I clicked the box to say I had forgotten my username and back same exactly the same, yet it still says my username is non-existent even though it is what they have sent me and I still cannot get into the site.

I have searched the Family Search forum and questions and there is nothing which covers this problem and I have no idea what to do now. I would like to email Family Search but cannot find an email address for them.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me.
KayFarndon

Re: Signing in to Family Search

Postby SoozOne » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:44 am

I don't use Family Search but with other sites I've found this can work. If you're typing user name and password, try copy paste from the info they send you to see if that works.

Sent from my iPod touch using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Postby KayFarndon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:44 am

Thank you SoozeOne, will try.
KayFarndon

Postby AdrianB38 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:41 am

Is there perhaps any confusion in your use-id and / or password between letter l-for-lima and numeral 1 / one? Or between letter O-for-Oscar and numeral 0 / zero?

Some typefaces are absurdly poor at distinguishing them.
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby MaureenE » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:33 pm

I am happy to repost your query on the FamilySearch Forum, if you would like me to do so.

Cheers
Maureen

Edit: I have just seen something on the FamilySearch Forum, which perhaps implies you do not need to be signed in to contact the Help Centre, which is located top right hand corner of the FamilySearch website, as "Get Help".

Alternatively, and perhaps easier for your type of problem, go to the bottom of the FamilySearch webpage, click on Feedback, then click on Problem and you will see an online form to complete.
MaureenE

Postby KayFarndon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:04 am

I will do as you suggest MaureenE and if I have no luck I will get back to you re re-posting on Family Search. Many thanks
KayFarndon

Postby KayFarndon » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:55 pm

Just to let everyone know I finally got back into family Search, but more by luck than anything!
KayFarndon

Postby peter kent » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Just to let everyone know I finally got back into family Search, but more by luck than anything!

Now you've finally got an ID and password that gets you in, I would advise you to get your browser to remember them.
peter kent

Postby AdrianB38 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:11 pm

peter kent wrote:... I would advise you to get your browser to remember them.

Because FamilySearch will eventually, after a week or two, require you to log in again.
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby Mick Loney » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:01 pm

What do you mean after a week or two?
I have to log in every twenty minutes or so! :evil:
Mick Loney

Next

Return to General research queries