Moderator Control Panel ]

Signing in to Family Search

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Signing in to Family Search

Postby MaureenE » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:20 am

Mick Loney wrote:What do you mean after a week or two?
I have to log in every twenty minutes or so! :evil:

When I sign in to FamilySearch, there is an optional box which you can tick "Stay signed in for 2 weeks"

Cheers
Maureen
MaureenE

Postby Mick Loney » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:41 am

Maureen,
Since they amended their security, that option doesn’t appear to work. The 20 minute mullarkey has only happened since then, so I assumed it was part of it.

If it isn’t, I’ll need to get in contact with them.
Mick Loney

Postby AdrianB38 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:44 am

I certainly don't suffer from a need to sign back in frequently - I stay in for an unknown number of days - possibly the 2w promised but I'm not counting.

I wonder if the techniques that they use to store your sign on on your PC (cookies etc) have changed and you have some sort of sweep up routine on your PC (no, I have no idea what) that cleans up the local storage or even doesn't let it be kept in the first place.

Certainly I think that something has changed because I think that I go through the sign-on screen each time I start a new session (not sure what I mean by that, I'm just working from memory as I'm nowhere near my PC). However, the sign-on screen needs no attention from me until the 2w(?) is up - it goes through automatically.

Sent from my MotoG3 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Previous

Return to General research queries