Moderator Control Panel ]

What were the Cover CD's ?

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

What were the Cover CD's ?

Postby pre1837 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:40 am

As I have found out which back-copies of the mag are still available, can anyone please tell me what areas EACH of the Cover CD's covered for issues numbered 1 to 6. ( i.e. This month's is Cambridgeshire.)

I only wish to get back copies of the ones that will be benificial to me.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

RE: What were the Cover CD's ?

Postby Annie08 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:43 am

Hi

Well here goes - issues 1 to 6 - areas covered

Issue 1 - Ian Hislop's Story from Series 1, the complete episode

Issue 2 - Find your Railway Ancestors,Unseen footage from the series, our complete guide to getting started with your family history and Railway resources for family historians.

Issue 3 - Tracing Your Roots - Part 1, 3 complete programmes from Radio 4's family history series.

Issue 4 - as issue 3, but Part 2.

Issue 5 - Gloucestershire, name indexes for Gloucestershire prisoners, land-owners, overseers of the poor, plus electoral rolls, images of old gloucestershire and the usual getting started in FH.

Issue 6 - Leicestershire, the 1791 Leicester direcctory plus the 1851 Leicester census, images of old Leicestershire plus photographs of local prisoners, 1881 - 1891 and the usual getting started in FH.

The first four do not specifically mention a county, which is why I have included them as you can see what is on them anyway.

The magazines themselves have articles which may be of use, in their Around Britain series, ie.,

Issue 1 - Tracing your ancestors in... Lancashire

Issue 2 - Tracing your ancestors in... Lincolnshire

Issue 3 - Tracing your ancestors in... Warwickshire

Issue 4 - Tracing your ancestors in... Herefordshire

Issue 5 - Tracing your ancestors in... Gloucestershire (the CD complements this article)

Issue 6 - Tracing your ancestors in... Leicestershire (the CD complements this article)

Annie08
Annie08

RE: What were the Cover CD's ?

Postby pre1837 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:00 am

Thank you so very much. A very comprehensive reply giving me everything I wanted to know. Thanks again.
Peter.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Return to Magazine chat