Moderator Control Panel ]

When the trail runs cold....

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: When the trail runs cold....

Postby meekhcs » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:08 pm

A final point there isn't a record of any marriage for Alfred Verran On the Washington Digital Archives.
meekhcs

Postby MoVidger » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Jo - I would reconsider the Alfred Verran who died in Yakima in 1981, even though you say his birthdate and middle initial aren't a match. Sunnyside in Yakima isn't terribly far from Clark, Washington (his residence in 1940). Try contacting a Yakima newspaper to see if they have a 1981 obit on file for this particular chap.

Interestingly, Alfred is listed as "Alfred Vernon" when he is lodging with Walter in the 1930 census. Maybe it's just an unimportant enumeration error.

I notice there is a draft card for Walter P Schoen, dated 12 August 1942 (Tacoma, Washington). I also note that Walter died in Portland, Oregon in 1956.
MoVidger

Postby ianbee » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:06 pm

As suggested by Sally, Alfred Verran is now starring on Rootschat.
If anyone wants to follow the thread as (or if!) it develops
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.ph ... msg6397920
ianbee

Postby wildmagnolia » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:42 am

Loving the networking across these sites. Yes, the tree on Ancestry is mine.

Thanks everyone for all advice, I'll continue following up this afternoon and report back. You know, my mother and grandmother (and many other members of the Verran family) spent the rest of their lives wondering what happened to Alf and seeing an end in sight to his story will give many of us in the family a sense of closure.
wildmagnolia

Previous

Return to General research queries