Moderator Control Panel ]

Who was May MARTIN b 1876

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Who was May MARTIN b 1876

Postby JMcK » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:47 am

Who would have thought! That May Reynolds at the bottom of the list is definitely May Martin/Smart. Which means, looking at all those details, that she married her cousin Henry Reynolds. Son of Joseph and Dorcas. An email to Buckinghamshire is obviously next.
JMcK

Postby phsvm » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:49 am

AND .....

Notley Abbey is were May and her husband Henry and their two boys lived!

May's death is registered in Aylesbury but the family continue to live in the area and are shown there on the 1939 register.
phsvm

Postby JMcK » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Yes. As well- Fred Smart’s son Francis Frederic and his wife ended up in the area too. When he died he named one of the Reynolds boys an executor as well as one of the descendants of Clara his half sister.

That is what has been making me wonder if May Martin (who I think we now think is Mary Rowe Sorby) might actually be a real, rather than adopted, daughter of Fred Smart (although I think Francis Frederic himself is the son of Fred and his first wife’s sister, Ann Wright, who were not married as far as I can tell and that registration was in Bradford).
JMcK

Previous

Return to General research queries