Moderator Control Panel ]

Can you help me to find out what happened to Emily Turner?

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Can you help me to find out what happened to Emily Turner?

Postby pforkes » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Emily Turner was born on 25th March, 1886, in Little Cornard, Suffolk. Her parents were James Turner and Catherine Sarah Jannings.

Emily was baptized on 20th May 1866 at All Saints’ Church, Little Cornard, Suffolk.

The 1871 census has Emily living with her parents and siblings at Lower Road, Little Cornard.

The 1881 census has Emily working as a general servant for the Wright family and living at High Street, Haverhill, Suffolk.

On March 31st, 1889, Emily gave birth to twins (outside of wedlock). The twins were Sidney Tokeley Turner and Lizzie Tokeley Turner (Lizzie died on 24th July 1893 and Lizzie’s mother’s father reported the death - NOT Emily). Lizzie’s twin bother (Sidney Tokeley Turner) is part of another of my investigations (http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/forum/topic16089.html)

Can you help me find out what happened to Emily Turner?
pforkes

Re: Can you help me to find out what happened to Emily Turne

Postby phsvm » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:14 pm

I'm sure this is a typo - but you've repeated it on your other post about Sidney - and given Emily's year of birth as 1886 which would mean she was 2 years old when her twins were born.

You've given her year of baptism as 1866 so presumably you have a date of birth of 1866 and not 1886?

I wondered if perhaps she'd subsequently married Walter but on the 1911 census his wife is listed as Emma but the only marriage I've been able to come up with in the correct year is Walter marrying either Mary Ann Goddard or Beatrice Lily Jarman. I see you've posted an amendment on Ancestry for his name on the 1911 census so presumably you've already investigated whether Mary Ann or Beatrice Lily/Emma is infact Emily?
phsvm

Re: Can you help me to find out what happened to Emily Turne

Postby pforkes » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:43 pm

I'm sorry. Emily was born in 1866 NOT 1886.

I do not believe that Emily ever married Walter (I also have looked into this and found the same that you did). Emily just had twins with Walter.
pforkes

Return to General research queries