Moderator Control Panel ]

Sylcec - THANK YOU

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Sylcec - THANK YOU

Postby phsvm » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:29 pm

In a recent post Sylcec explained that she now has health problems and is living with her daughter in a rural area and not in the city so her research may be curtailed.

I'm sure I speak for all of us on the forum when I say firstly how sorry everyone will be to hear of your ill health and secondly to give a HUGE THANK YOU for everything you have contributed to the forum over a very long time.

I'm sure your diligence, research, comments and help will have been appreciated by a great many of us.

Sylcec - thank you. May you continue to contribute and enjoy the forum for some time to come.
phsvm

Re: Sylcec - THANK YOU

Postby Sylcec » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:25 pm

That is so kind of you! Thank you. I have enjoyed the forum greatly (and also contributing a few answers to Q&A in WDYTYA magazine), but as you have noticed I am now calling in return look-ups! Afraid its a case of leukaemia, which after 6 years, is now beyond treatment, but sort of "rumbles along" rather than racing to an end, allowing me to continue enjoying research from home on my laptop!
Sylcec

Postby Leedsearcher » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:47 pm

Sylcec- we are all with you! I'm in harrogate so any look ups you need in this part of the world, just say the word.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
Leedsearcher

Sylcec - THANK YOU

Postby SoozOne » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:36 am

Sorry to hear that Sylcec. I have enjoyed reading your posts. I know you've been an immense help for a goodly number of members' queries.
Here's hoping that the leukemia continues to be manageable and rumbles along at a much slower pace from now on.
Regards
Susan

Sent from my iPod touch using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Postby brunes08 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:08 am

Like many others, I have always read your posts and found them interesting and helpful. Thank you. We all appreciate that you must take care of yourself now. My best wishes to you.
brunes08

Postby Rosemary Collins » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:22 am

Hi Sylec,

On behalf of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine, I just want to say a massive thank you for everything you've contributed to this community. I'm so sorry to hear about your illness - please take care.

Best wishes,

Rosemary
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine

rosemary.collins@immediate.co.uk
Rosemary Collins

Postby seasalora » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:11 am

I would also like to say thankyou 'Sylsec', for the information you have forwarded to me over a long period of time either by email or by this forum or other mediums. How often it has been when one posts a query, we hope that you may 'pick it up'. My thoughts are with you at this important time of the year, may your health continue to remain stable, take care and best wishes for the Christmas season.
Seasalora
seasalora

Postby maxine tallon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:48 am

I would also like to thank you for all the help given, I always enjoy reading your replies. Take care of yourself.

maxine
maxine tallon

Postby JaneyH » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:34 pm

I've been enormously grateful for your assistance over the years. As a result I now have a good working knowledge of early Australian records (for my one convict in the family) and also for those who've spent time in India.

I hope your illness continues to be manageable and that you can enjoy your own research for a long time to come.

Jane
JaneyH

Postby Sylcec » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:23 pm

Thank you all again. At the moment I am pleased to report that I am looking forward to Christmas with my family having just received some much better than expected blood test results.

Research will continue and I wish you all pleasure and success in your research endeavours. All my best wishes for Christmas and 2018 to each and every one of you.
Sylvia
Sylcec

Next

Return to General research queries