Moderator Control Panel ]

Immediate Media --- not so immediate ...

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Immediate Media --- not so immediate ...

Postby atlantikman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi All,

I've been trying to contact Immediate Media/BuySubscriptions.com about my WDYTYA magazine subscription. Back in August I set up a new subscription, expecting it to kick in for the December issue when my current subscription ended. I can see the Order online, but it appears to not have been activated, and I know the Direct Debit for this subscription has yet to be used. I've emailed them on the 24th November, and again today, and tried to phone them but was on hold for quite a while, so gave up. They appear to be experiencing high call volumes and a high volume of email communications. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems. I've yet to see the December 2017 issue...

Best wishes,
Paul.
atlantikman

Re: Immediate Media --- not so immediate ...

Postby Rosemary Collins » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:14 am

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems with your subscription. We recently changed subscription companies to be able to deliver a better service, so it's possible you've been trying to contact the old subscription company. The correct number is 0333 016 2120 - is that the one you've been calling?

Thanks,

Rosemary
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine

rosemary.collins@immediate.co.uk
Rosemary Collins

Postby atlantikman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:29 am

Hi Rosemary,

The number given on the buysubscriptions.com website online is 03330 162 139 or 01604 973 748 (I used this one). But they still haven't responded to my emails -- I've had an automatic acknowledgement for each one. But I'll try a direct email to them rather than through their Contact Us online facility.

Just checked and I've already sent them an email directly. They have given me response reference numbers of IMC1746457X and IMC1756759X.
Regards,
Paul.
atlantikman

Postby Rosemary Collins » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:36 am

Hi Paul,

Have you got the correct email? It's wdytya [AT] buysubscriptions [DOT] com. If you still have problems, try contacting our marketing manager Craig on craig [DOT] ramsay [AT] immediate [DOT] co [DOT] uk.

Sorry again that you've been experiencing problems!
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant

Rosemary Collins

Postby atlantikman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:27 am

Hello Rosemary,

I emailed Craig on Tuesday --- not yet had any response. Also today just tried their phone number again -- you just get put on hold --- gave up after five or so minutes (I've better things to do with my time).

This is beyond a joke now --- two weeks waiting for a response! Buy Subscriptions appear to be incompetent -- their Customer Service is non-existent.

Paul.
atlantikman

Postby Rosemary Collins » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:36 am

Hi Paul,

I'm very sorry to hear you've still not got a response. You mentioned you're calling the numbers on the Buy Subscriptions website - you would be better off calling 0333 0162 120 (for UK subscribers) or +44 160 4973 721 (for overseas subscribers). These are both dedicated phone lines for Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Craig should get back to you by the end of the day.

Sorry again about the problems - hopefully they'll be resolved soon.
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant

Rosemary Collins

Postby Editor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:42 am

Hi Paul, I'm really sorry you have been having difficulty sorting out your subscription. Can I assure you that we are on the case and someone should be in touch with you shortly.

Regards

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby eurogordi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Although magazines as part of my WDYTYA subscription continue to arrive at regular intervals, I have also had problems with Immediate Media when ordering binders. I ordered three online on 17/11/2017 and paid using a credit card. My order page had not been updated to indicate despatch, so I filled out the online form querying this on 07/12/2017. I finally received a reply on 15/12/2017 informing me that someone will investigate this matter and will contact me when further information is known. Hopefully the binders will turn up, but not impressed with the speed of handing orders and queries.
eurogordi

Postby Editor » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:20 am

I'm really sorry that readers have experienced problems ordering binders recently. We have moved to a new fulfilment company and I'm afraid there have been some glitches in the process although they should be clearing through the backlog now. I think the fact that we also offer certificate binders as well as magazine binders caused some confusion that we didn't anticipate. If anyone is having any problems that are not being resolved, please send me a PM (private message) with their contact details and I will make sure someone is on the case.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby atlantikman » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:15 am

Well, it's been four weeks and nearly one month since I informed BuySubscriptions about my missing order. I've sent numerous emails, and have attached proof of the order (two letters; two emails and a screenshot of the order on my account); I've even told them I'll contact the media if this isn't sorted out ASAP. But I'm sorry to advise you all that to date I've still not had this sorted out. INCOMPETENCE !!!

Merry Christmas,
Paul.
atlantikman

Next

Return to Magazine chat