Moderator Control Panel ]

Marriage James Male & Elizabeth Jackson 1871

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Marriage James Male & Elizabeth Jackson 1871

Postby katebenn » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:33 pm

katebenn wrote:
ianbee wrote:Hi

Hi Ian,
Yes, certainly - thanks again. Primative Methodists were popular at this time in the area. I've got other ancestors at Shotley Bridge Primitive Methodists at this time.
Still researching!
Kate

Ian
Eliza married Michael Bates on 4 Feb 1865 at I think Lanchester; Durham RD
Found her burial 13 Mar 1876 at Darlington Cemetery aged 29 in grave No81 which is where her parents are from May 1876 & Dec 1882; died at Westmoreland Street, Darlington
Kate
katebenn

Postby ianbee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi Kate
That's sad. Only 29.
And, yes, her death was announced in the Northern Echo as well! (can be found on the British Newspaper Archive, and will also be on findmypast)
So she and her father died just a couple of months apart in Westmoreland Street.
It looks as though Michael remarried and was in Birtley in 1881, so he can't have been far from James and Elizabeth.
Ian
ianbee

Postby katebenn » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:50 pm

ianbee wrote:Hi Kate
That's sad. Only 29.
And, yes, her death was announced in the Northern Echo as well! (can be found on the British Newspaper Archive, and will also be on findmypast)
So she and her father died just a couple of months apart in Westmoreland Street.
It looks as though Michael remarried and was in Birtley in 1881, so he can't have been far from James and Elizabeth.
Ian

Ian,
I don't subscribe to findmypast - only ancestry.
Yes I have found Michael, & James & Eliazabeth at Birtley.
Will look into British Archive when I get a minute.
Kate
katebenn

Previous

Return to General research queries