Moderator Control Panel ]

Annie Beckley b1872

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Annie Beckley b1872

Postby shanew147 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:47 pm

katebenn wrote:....Can you look at Irish records for a baptism for their first child Kathleen Violet Hibbard b 7 Dec 1896 for me?
Thanks

1896 is possibly a bit too late for most of the Dublin CIty RC & CofI online baptism records - but would be covered by civil birth records (both are on the free IrishGenealogy website). I had a search earlier for possible birth records for Kathleen, but no good matches showed up...

Where did the exact date you have originate - does this source provide any clues as to where in Dublin city or county Kathleen was born ?
Last edited by shanew147 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shanew147

Postby shanew147 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:53 pm

correction - the baptism is included..Baptism of KATHLEEN VIOLET HIBBARD of 23 BATH AVENUE on 7 February 1897. St. Mark's CofI Church was on Pearse Street, formerly Brunswick Street (building is still there but no longer a CofI church).
shanew147

Postby katebenn » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:39 pm

shanew147 wrote:correction - the baptism is included..Baptism of KATHLEEN VIOLET HIBBARD of 23 BATH AVENUE on 7 February 1897. St. Mark's CofI Church was on Pearse Street, formerly Brunswick Street (building is still there but no longer a CofI church).

Hi,
Does this give parent's names & occupation?
She never maried - DoB come from her death registration in 1976
katebenn

Postby shanew147 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:59 pm

you can view a transcript and image by clicking the link I gave... just answer the Captcha question

Parents names are given as William George & Annie Hibbard, CofI baptisms dont usually include mother's surname. William's occupation as 'soldier', residence as 23 Bath Avenue which is just around the corner from Beggar's Bush barracks, and the name of the minister which looks like Marcus MacKenzie. The date of birth column just has a year - 1897, possibly an estimate... (CofI baptism could be months or even years after a birth)
shanew147

Postby katebenn » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:44 am

shanew147 wrote:you can view a transcript and image by clicking the link I gave... just answer the Captcha question

Parents names are given as William George & Annie Hibbard, CofI baptisms dont usually include mother's surname. William's occupation as 'soldier', residence as 23 Bath Avenue which is just around the corner from Beggar's Bush barracks, and the name of the minister which looks like Marcus MacKenzie. The date of birth column just has a year - 1897, possibly an estimate... (CofI baptism could be months or even years after a birth)

Hi,
Have viewed transcript & image now - thanks.
Have a much clearer picture of my Great Uncle & his family now
katebenn

Previous

Return to General research queries