Moderator Control Panel ]

Dad's service record

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Dad's service record

Postby Amazinggrace » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi everyone,
This morning I received a copy of my dads service record.Very good service as its been no time at all.
There are quite a lot of abbreviations on the forms. It states on the letter that a list of abbreviations is available at .www.army.mod.uk/welfare-support/23212.aspx.
I have tried but none of the sites that come up has a list of abbreviations that I can see.
Has anyone else found these? Maybe its me.
Grace :shock:
Amazinggrace

Re: Dad's service record

Postby sdup26 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:58 pm

A site I've found useful is www.armedforces.co.uk/abbreviations.php#.Wgc421V18dU (don't overlook that full stop after the hash!)
sdup26

Postby Amazinggrace » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks Sdup26 for that, I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Grace
Amazinggrace

Postby MaureenE » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Grace, if you use the link you previously mentioned
http://www.army.mod.uk/welfare-support/23212.aspx, on the right hand side of the webpage, towards the top, (but not the very top), there is a heading Abbreviations. If you click where it says "Useful abbreviations" you will get a download which depending on your browser will be located in a download folder or similar. On my computer, once you have clicked on "Useful abbreviation" you can see where on my screen the download has gone to.

You will then need to open the download, it is a Word document.

Cheers
Maureen
MaureenE

Return to General research queries