Switch to full style

Moderator Control Panel

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others
Post a reply

Heath Family of Staffordshire emigrated to New Zealand

Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:19 pm

Hello, I'm researching the Heath family of Staffordshire. I know of several members of the family who emigrated to New Zealand in the early 1900s, I'd love to find out more about these particular people and 'talk' to other people interested in this family.

Re: Heath Family of Staffordshire emigrated to New Zealand

Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:30 pm

You need to give more detail as to names/places to enable people to search for you.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:58 am

Ancestry lists 300 people with the surname HEATH who left Britain for New Zealand between 1900 and 1920.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:50 pm

The National Library of NZ has a brilliant on-line facility for looking at newspapers. And it's free! I've found a huge amount of information about ancestors from articles about them in the press.

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:48 pm

You can check to see if probates were issued, or if an ancestor served in WW1 here:
https://archway.archives.govt.nz/
The military records are readable and downloadable from there. Probates over 50 years old are readable on Family Search. Newer probates listed at Archway are readable at regional archives.

Wed May 30, 2018 11:54 am

Hi, I just saw this post and joined so that I could reply. At least 3 of my family emigrated to NZ at the start of the 1900s - Louisa, Annie and John. I have middle names and dates of birth too so that we can verify if these are the people you are interested in. It is possible that there father, Thomas, also moved but I have never verified that.
Thanks
Post a reply