Moderator Control Panel ]

Legacy left to a church

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Legacy left to a church

Postby Sandra Reed-Jennings » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:28 am

Have a relative who in 1956 left approx. £4,000 to the local Catholic Church which in monetary terms today was a large amount of money. The local church as been contacted to see if any memorial made
or recognition, there has been lots of changes over the years and no information available, other than to contact Birmingham Catholic Diocese, (the will stated this was where the money was to go to for the local church) I contact them and they passed my email onto the legacy section, I have heard nothing. I would have thought there would have something noted somewhere, I realise this was a long time ago. Any help appreciated

I have since heard from the Birmingham Catholic Diocese - they have searched their records but cannot find any record, but they did say it was a long time ago, the relative's husband died a week later so he wouldn't have got the money and their daughter died a few years previous only the Son in law remained, he was in a good financial position. Still trying to locate parish magazine archives.
Last edited by Sandra Reed-Jennings on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandra Reed-Jennings

Re: Legacy left to a church

Postby junkers » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:47 am

Have you tried local newspapers or the legacy may have been mentioned in a parish magazine.
junkers

Return to General research queries