Moderator Control Panel ]

Wilson family of Bedworth

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Wilson family of Bedworth

Postby KayFarndon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:36 am

I have been posting messages since 2011 regarding this family and drawn nothing but blanks, so having another go.

I would like to find the death record/burial place of Eliza Wilson, maiden name Goddard [Farndon from first marriage]. She married her second husband Joseph Wilson in Bedworth and they had two children. Albert born Bedworth 1863 and Laura born Poplar, London 4th March 1864.

Eliza does not show on the 1871 census and her husband Joseph is in lodgings in Tower Hamlets and a widower and the children are with his sister Ann Radburn and her family in Leicester. Eventually Joseph goes to live in Leicester too.

By 1871 Eliza would be about 47, she was born in 1824. She was always Eliza and I have gone down the path of Elizabeth and got incorrect certificates, so only Eliza please. I have also checked the Bedworth burial records and she was not brought back here to be buried.

Her daughter Laura had a daughter Eunice E. Could this be Eliza after her grandmother? I think that Eunice may have married a Frederick Elliot.

Any information or clue as to Eliza's place of death, or her burial would be amazing. I feel sure she would have died in London and been buried there somewhere.

So I should like to hear from anyone who has any of these people on their tree please.
KayFarndon

Re: Wilson family of Bedworth

Postby sdup26 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:57 am

How far back have you checked for deaths for Eliza? If Laura was born in 1864, have you ruled out the possibility of a death in childbirth/shortly after?
sdup26

Postby KayFarndon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:15 pm

I sent for the birth certificate of Laura, so my starting point has always been from that date. There is nothing on the birth certificate to indicate whether the mother died in childbirth either. So I have done a 7 year search.

I realised early on that I would just have to apply to each registration office where there is a death of an Eliza, but the first one I applied to, a London one but can't recall which, I got the cold shoulder and told that they did not have time to do family history! I was astonished as I was applying for a death certificate with a name and date. Then I just shelved it, but it is niggling me again as I almost know this woman as I have her life documented from birth and just need her death for closure.
KayFarndon

Postby sdup26 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:57 pm

Thomas was a 'widower' in 1871, but when there doesn't seem to be a death following childbirth, I wonder about the long-term effects of severe postnatal depression: 1871 census Friern Barnet, Middlesex. E W, married, patient, b1824. I do hope it isn't Eliza, but unfortunately, may at least be worth considering.
sdup26

Postby KayFarndon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Thank you, will check that out.
KayFarndon

Postby SoozOne » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:27 am

If Eliza had died from childbirth complications there would have been nothing on Laura's birth certificate. My g.grandmother Maria died some six weeks after the birth of her daughter Hannah my grandmother. I have both birth and death certificates and was surprised at the length of time between the birth and subsequent death by puerperal fever but I suppose it depends on the seriousness of the infection. Really bad way to die.

Sent from my iPod touch using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Return to General research queries