Moderator Control Panel ]

Miriam Morse GRO index revisited

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Miriam Morse GRO index revisited

Postby jaykayell » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Have you tried phoning them to get your point across? I have done in the past and they have been very helpful (or as helpful as they are allowed to be).
jaykayell

Postby Cachalot6972 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:45 pm

I think I didn't make myself clear: I meant that for the price of a stamp, you let them know that although they think they have the info on their system, nobody can see it, so can they they sort it out please so it's visible to all. Then, once it's sorted out, you will have the info you need online rather than having to fork out for a cert. Of course, how long it will take is another thing entirely...
Phil

Indecision is the key to flexibility...
Cachalot6972

Postby AdrianB38 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Cachalot6972 wrote:... once it's sorted out, you will have the info you need online rather than having to fork out for a cert. ...

Yes, sorry, I didn't twig that the original poster would be satisfied with what was on the new format index rather than wanting the full certificate.
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby JMcK » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Incase anyone is looking in the future..Miriam’s birth certificate has been produced.
24th June 1862, father David, a money lender, mother Leah formerly PITT. David the informant
All at 27 Phippen Street , Bristol.

Case closed! (Still doesn’t show in the indexes though).
JMcK

Previous

Return to General research queries