Moderator Control Panel ]

Help please - Reading this will , thank you

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Help please - Reading this will , thank you

Postby Simon45 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:06 am

Hi
Thank you
If you see the previous messages there is a link to the will on Ancestry

I think it's a lot clearer to read and bigger

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
Simon45

Postby Simon45 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:14 am

Thank you very much
I can now hopefully go further back in my tree :)

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
Simon45

Postby SoozOne » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:34 am

ianbee wrote:
ianbee wrote:on ancestry, which is free over the bank holiday weekend to anyone who is registered

Checked into ancestry uk, yes access is free to search, but if a record or hint comes up you want to look at the "Sign up for Free Trial" blocks any further access. I've been registered since the mid 1990s but am very wary of their 'free trial' offers as last time I tried they deducted a year's sub from my account on day 2 of the free trial. Said the trial period didn't count as I was already registered. Big hassle to get the transaction cancelled. Unfortunately my tree is on Ancestry and the only Gedcom I have been able to download to transfer elsewhere was corrupted. Rewriting my tree with all the source data - which is also blocked to view - is a bit too daunting right now.
So no such thing as a free lunch where they're concerned.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Postby ksouthall » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:48 am

SoozOne wrote:...I've been registered since the mid 1990s but am very wary of their 'free trial' offers as last time I tried they deducted a year's sub from my account on day 2 of the free trial. Said the trial period didn't count as I was already registered.

It's more likely because you've already had a free trial period. Their system blocks people from having more than one two week free trial period. That's good business from their point of view, otherwise people would keep renewing the free trial period and never pay subscription fees.
ksouthall

Previous

Return to General research queries