Moderator Control Panel ]

FutureLearn Course

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

FutureLearn Course

Postby coopernicola » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:22 am

For those who enjoyed FutureLearn's Genealogy course, and have Scottish ancestry, this may be of interest:
Early Modern Scottish Palaeography: Reading Scotland's Records. https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/ems ... raphy?lr=1
The course is free of charge.
Nicola
coopernicola

Re: FutureLearn Course

Postby pete25 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:25 pm

This course finishes on the 27th of August, 2017 so not long now before it comes to an end. However, if you want to pay £69 it will continue in definitely.

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
pete25

Postby coopernicola » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:53 pm

N.B. The courses usually run again in a few months so you can wait and it will then be free :)
coopernicola

Postby meekhcs » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:44 am

I have just completed the same course. I did pay for the upgrade because personal circumstances have left me short of time to go back over the course and pick out relevant points from both the course and student discussions. As a result I received my certificate today which is a by product of paying for the upgrade!!

The rerun of this course is due next February. I would recommend every Forum member to take part in this course, no matter how experienced you are. The lecture on DNA was especially informative and the website links that resulted from both the course and student discussions are invaluable. Students participated from all over the world. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would consider re taking it next time because different students will throw up different talking points etc.

Sally
meekhcs

Postby pete25 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Great course wasn't it Sally?

Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
pete25

Postby meekhcs » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Definitely Pete, it has put me back on the straight and narrow!

Illness and Family commitments had left my research in a mess - now my winter is planned

Sally
meekhcs

Postby JaneyH » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Just to say that I’ve had an email saying that this course will start again on 5 February 2018. Given all of he feedback here I think I’ll enroll this time around.
JaneyH

Postby meekhcs » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:14 pm

You will need to allow more time each week than is suggested for the course because of all the comments posted by students, which I found very helpful.
I would also suggest you need to be able to keep up to date with the course because there will be at least one live Q&A session. Last time it was on DNA and sadly I missed it.
Sally
meekhcs

Postby JaneyH » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:11 am

Thanks for that, Sally. I think I’ll pay so that I can study at my own speed. What with working full-time, three hours commuting each day and family life, genealogy doesn’t always get a look-in!
JaneyH

Return to Genealogy chat