Moderator Control Panel ]

Family Search

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Family Search

Postby KayFarndon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:25 pm

I am sure that many of you use Family Search, but suddenly it will not let me save a page or print it off. Is anyone else having the same trouble please?
Not sure if it is the web site's fault or my system.
KayFarndon

Re: Family Search

Postby coopernicola » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm

There's a message saying they are doing tech work on Monday perhaps they've started early?
coopernicola

Postby Sucher » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Maybe do a screen grab. Hold down Control + Alt + Delete Keys on a PC. Open Word or similar and then Edit - Paste.

On an Apple it's Shift + Minus sign + Command + 4. You can then draw what you want and it will automatically be saved to your desktop. Hope this helps.

S
Sucher

Postby Mick Loney » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:54 pm

There's definitely something going on. Lately, when I click on baptisms for more details, I am often presnted with 'unable to show results' message with a rotating 'waiting' circle. I've tried logging in, but no difference. Just have to hope it is a known problem and will be resolved following the technical work mentioned above.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Mick Loney

Postby KayFarndon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:17 pm

So glad it is not just me. Many thanks everyone.
KayFarndon

Postby Sylcec » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:49 pm

Sucher wrote:Maybe do a screen grab. Hold down Control + Alt + Delete Keys on a PC. Open Word or similar and then Edit - Paste.

Really? I don't think so - In my experience that has always opened the "task manager" and allows you to get out of a nasty block. Ctrl+prt sc (print screen) does the job - yes, and then paste into word or your picture editing software. I do the latter first so I can crop out the unwanted borders.
btw: If you want a free and easy image editing software, try Irfan View.
Cheers, Sylvia
Sylcec

Postby Sucher » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:10 am

Yes, absolutely right. My experience with Windows getting long in the tooth now. Apologies for confusion.

S
Sucher

Postby Mick Loney » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Prtscn will grab the whole screen, (i.e. everything visible on the screen). However, if you use Alt-prntscrn, you can restrict the screen grab to just the window that has the focus.

For example, if you are in your browser, and happen to have word open alongside, Prntscr will grab both, but Alt-Prntscr will just grab an image of your browser.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Mick Loney

Return to General research queries