Moderator Control Panel ]

brick wall- George Taylor and Sarah Himalaya Duncan

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

brick wall- George Taylor and Sarah Himalaya Duncan

Postby zjabri » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi all. I am at a brick wall that I am hoping someone can help me with. My great grandfather, George Taylor, has proven very elusive for me. I have some information on him, and I am hoping someone out there has some additional information. The records I have show that he was born in Islington London around 1853. He had a child in 1892, Georgina Ethel Taylor. Georgina Ethel was born in Holborn London, and on her birth cert George's occupation is listed as a "wine traveller". The mother was Sarah Himalaya Duncan. I am not sure if George and Sarah were ever actually married as I have not been able to find any record of that. I do see in the 1901 UK census that George, Sarah Himalaya (last name was listed as taylor), and Ethel were living together in Islington- listed as 25 Tiber street. On that census, his occupation was listed as a "Builders foreman".

George taylor is obviously a common name so finding any decisive information on him has been very difficult. Any help from anyone would be very appreciated. Thank you!
zjabri

Re: brick wall- George Taylor and Sarah Himalaya Duncan

Postby JaneyH » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:06 am

There was another thread about this couple only recently - have a look at
post55141.html#p55141

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
JaneyH

Re: brick wall- George Taylor and Sarah Himalaya Duncan

Postby zjabri » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:56 pm

Thanks Janey- I was aware of that post, which found some information out about Sarah, but I am hoping someone has some information about George Taylor. That is the part am stuck at...
zjabri

Return to General research queries