Moderator Control Panel ]

The Lucas family from Islington

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: The Lucas family from Islington

Postby Jenaheldd » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:28 pm

ianbee wrote:What about the daughter, Mary Ann Lucy?
Baptized 13 February 1852, St Marylebone.
born 11 January 1852
parents Walter and Mary Ann Lucas
abode 89 Devonshire St
father a Coach Painter

Is she with William and Lucy Smithers in Paddington in 1871? Age 19, born Marylebone. Did she marry that year?
I can't see a birth reg for Mary Ann Lucy.
Earlier, there is a Louisa Lucas, mother Allen, birth registered Marylebone, June 1844. Seems to have died the same year.
And in June qtr 1845, Paddington, a birth reg of a Lucy Lucas, mother also Allen. Did she die in Marylebone in Dec qtr 1847, age 2?
Ian

Hmm, a daughter ... this has thrown up more questions. In 1871 I have Walter married to Lucy & living in St Peters Street Islington, with Thomas, William, Maria, John & Lucy. Walter is shown as a painter & the ages match ie Walter being 20 odd years older than Lucy
Jenaheldd

Postby ianbee » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Yes, she is with uncle William Lucas in Bermondsey in 1861
Piece 323 folio 119 page 51
William Lucas says he was born in Brighton, as did Lucy Smithers (hopefully nee Lucas)
A Walter Lucas was baptized in Bermondsey in 1821, parents Thomas + Charity.

Must apologize for originally including Lucy Smithers in the 1871 census, William Smithers was widowed and living with daughter Emily and niece Mary A Lucas.

A lot of Lucys, but I imagine it's just coincidence that Walter's second wife was also called Lucy.
Ian
ianbee

Postby Jenaheldd » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:28 pm

I'll look into the daughter when I'm at my Pc - its easier than doing it on the tablet

My Walter (2xggf) is the one baptised in Bermondsey, parents Thomas & Charity :)
Jenaheldd

Previous

Return to General research queries