Switch to full style

Moderator Control Panel

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here
Post a reply

Re: Is there an update to App pending?

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:37 am

Apple usually brings out new phones and systems in the autumn, so I guess iOS 11 will be on the iPhone 8 or whatever they call it. I'm just waiting for something new to come out because that means prices of the older phones drop, so I can update mine ;-))

Paul

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:36 pm

coopernicola wrote:That's great, thank you. It's a bit odd as we're only on iOS 10.3.3 but who knows what the next update will be?
Nicola

Update. - I’ve updated to iOS 11. The forum app no longer works.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:15 am

Still no news then?

Paul

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Both my iPad & iPhone updated yesterday to iOS 11.0.2 I can no longer access the forum via the app. Fingers crossed the tech guys have an update pending!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:26 am

Any news? I'm going to have to update my phone soon as other apps NEED the update.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:29 am

It's now three months since this problem was raised here and so far very little response from anyone. Is there any work being done on an upgrade or is it being hoped that the issue will just go away?

Paul

Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:50 am

Now 4 months and still no sign of anything. It's a real nuisance as it's much more fiddly accessing the app via a browser

Paul

Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:05 am

Hi,

We are currently working with our IT team to resolve this issue. Apologies for the delay!

Best wishes,

Rosemary

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Dear Rosemary Collins, re updates.
28th December 2016 I started correspondence with AdrianB38 about my inability to initiate a new topic. After a number of PMS with him checking my procedure and between us discovering that an essential element was missing from my screen ie the stack of three dots on the topic line. I sent an email to the app support team but I am still awaiting a reply.
During the last six months or so someone else commented in the foreign that they too could not send a new message. I would very much like to know if that problem was solved and how. I have been reading WDYTYA Forum for a number of years now and would very much like to be able to put forward some of the brick walls in my family tree. Always waiting in hope kindest regards Helen Scammell.
Composed using a speech to text program on my Samsung Galaxy S5

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:22 am

Hi Helen,

Which email address did you contact?

Thanks,

Rosemary
Post a reply