Moderator Control Panel ]

Death of John Eustis is unrecorded.

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Death of John Eustis is unrecorded.

Postby d.e.gordon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:27 pm

There are several descendent families in the Swansea/South Wales area, plus my family. We are all still going strong. I have lots of information, and contacts including one in America - too much to record here.
d.e.gordon

Postby d.e.gordon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:50 pm

I first searched in depth for John Eustis's death date and cause at least a year ago. I found that he was apparently buried in the church yard of St David and St Cyfelach, but . . .

I am almost certain the record I found referred to the DISUSED church (yard) of St David and St Cyfelach, but despite every effort,I cannot find my "copy", nor the original on-line record again. Maybe my memory is at fault, but does anyone know if the present Church and cemetery are the same as those dating back to the mid 1800s?
d.e.gordon

Postby ianbee » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:54 am

It's on findmypast, in Glamorganshire Burials
Transcribed as Eastece, but may say Eustece.
Buried at Llangyfelach.
ianbee

Postby d.e.gordon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:14 pm

Ian,
Thanks very much for doing what you did to try to help. Unfortunately I already have that information, but it doesn't give a "date of death", nor has it so far helped me discover/confirm the cause of death. (The unconfirmed story is that he fell down a {his} mine shaft.)
Thanks anyway for trying.
Dave
d.e.gordon

Previous

Return to General research queries