Moderator Control Panel ]

Charles Dance's episode

Discuss the 14th series of the award-winning television programme, which will feature Charles Dance, Clare Balding, Fearne Cotton and more

Charles Dance's episode

Postby Rosemary Collins » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all as excited as we are about the start of the latest series of Who Do You Think You Are? At 9pm on Thursday 6 July, the latest series will begin on BBC One, with an episode focusing on Game of Thrones star Charles Dance.

As Charles says in this episode, he's made a career of playing aristocrats, but he always assumed his own origins were more humble. The show follows his efforts to trace his mother's ancestors - and there are more surprises when he researches the life of his father, who died when he was young.

Please let us know what you think of the episode in the thread below!

Best wishes,
Rosemary
Rosemary Collins
Editorial Assistant
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine

rosemary.collins@immediate.co.uk
Rosemary Collins

Re: Charles Dance's episode

Postby Dave R » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Haven't got used to a new narrator

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
Dave R

Postby junkers » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:14 pm

I thought it was very good and interesting.
junkers

Postby WarksAncestors » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:55 am

Really enjoyed this episode,his emotional responses were obvious and looked genuine. Charles is a very likeable person so that always helps to get the viewer more involved. Here's to episode 2! :D
Researching Cooke,Brant,Agar,Clarke,Morris,Cufflin,Battersby,Davie,Broadhurst,Barlow and more in Leicestershire
WarksAncestors

Postby linnet27 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:24 am

Great start to the new series. He seemed genuinely interested and was obviously very moved by some of the findings.
linnet27

Postby phsvm » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:46 am

WarksAncestors - It may just be on my screen - don't know if anyone else is experiencing this - but your logo on the left of your posts is so huge it obliterates most of your post.
phsvm

Postby Amazinggrace » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Same here,can't read the post.
Grace
Amazinggrace

Postby AdrianB38 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Strange - I'm using my phone and I don't see any avatar icon, other than the default Android (?) one.

Sent from my MotoG3 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby phsvm » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Adrian - that's probably because you've got it in 'mobile style' so it'll be configured differently.
phsvm

Postby AdrianB38 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:54 pm

phsvm wrote:Adrian - that's probably because you've got it in 'mobile style' ...

True - on my browser on my Windows laptop, WarksAncestors' avatar is, as you say, overlapping the text. At a guess, it needs to be reduced in size - yes, I know, statement of the bl****g obvious! - I've no idea if there is any recommended size.

But, ahem, pretty please, could I also ask people that if they have a problem with the site, they give the IT people a clue by saying how they're accessing the site - access through a browser from a Windows laptop / desktop will be different from access via the Android app, which is actually also different from accessing via a browser on a smartphone. And those are just the basic classes. (Yes, I used to run an IT support team...)
Adrian
AdrianB38

Next

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2017